So today I was nominated by the awesome Commas and Ampersands for this award; thank you so much! ❤
If you have time check out her blog, it’s filled with book, film and TV reviews!
There really isn’t much about this award that I could Google, but I’m guessing it works like the jeans from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, i.e. the pants are shipped from one girl to the other, and my previous Liebster Award.
So the basic ground rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site
2. Post the awards logo on your blog
3. Answer the 10 questions you’ve been set
4. Nominate 10 bloggers
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees
10 Questions by Commas and Ampersands, a.k.a. Sarah
1. What book or TV show have you expected to like and ended up hating or vice versa?
For books, it would probably be Insurgent by Veronica Roth, the first book was alright so I thought that the second book would be the same but I really did not like it. On the top of my head, I can’t really think of any TV shows that I expected to like but ended up being terrible.
2. Tell me about a character that’s taken you by surprise for a good or bad reason.
I can say that a majority of the characters in Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere have taken me by surprise for both good or bad reasons, especially Hunter and the Angel of Islington respectively. I think if I say any more I’ll ruin the book for you, so if you want to know why, go read it! (Or alternatively read the wiki plot version if you’re curious.)
3. If your home/school/work were suddenly attacked by zombies, what would your escape/survival plan be?
So you’re asking for my zombie survival plan? Honestly, I’ve considered dedicating an entire post to this – but never really came up with the details of how I would survive – personally I don’t think I’m up to the task: I’m not very fit, I freeze and follow crowds during states of emergency and I have panic attacks at the sight of blood.
My first step would probably take the bare essentials – a communication device, a long and heavy handheld weapon, duct tape (and probably secure some books to my arms) and water. I would take into consideration where everyone else is going and assess whether it is a safe decision – if it’s something like the middle of an open field I’m going to ‘nope’ out.
I’ll probably attempt to create a barricade in a place that has minimal entry points, a first aid kit and food. If it’s a school, probably the staff room or the sick bay. Then sit it out for as long as possible and try to remain undetected. Once the initial infection period is over or looks like it’s died down, I’ll probably begin scavenging.
4. If you could easily master any skill, what would it be and why?
If I could pick up a few new languages it would be great. Understanding people from other cultures and being able to read different languages would come in handy.
5. Do you have any superstitions?
I wouldn’t say that I’m superstitious, exactly, but I don’t want to take chances, you know?
6. What have you read/watched/done recently that you’re excited to share with everyone?
Well, I think my friends know that I’m constantly and, to their dismay, incessantly promoting TV shows like Doctor Who and Teen Wolf. Right now I’m also really excited about The Maze Runner movie coming out.
7. What’s one place you’ve read/heard about that you would like to visit, mythical or otherwise?
Personally I wouldn’t go to any of the mythical realms that are mentioned in books, only ’cause there seems to be more cons than pros to them, i.e. evil creatures or forces that oppress the most innocent of lives and threaten mortality rates. Instead I’ll go for the cliche second-best option of that, Universal Studios Orlando, esp. the Harry Potter Theme Park.
8. Tell me about something you’re looking forward to in the next year.
Christmas. I’m always looking forward to Christmas.
9. If you didn’t have a blog, how would you be spending your time right now?
10. What’s a blogging milestone or experience that made you really happy?
Completing the 30 Day Book Challenge definitely made me really happy. I practically managed to complete 30 reviews of 30 different books 30 days straight. That was definitely a feeling of accomplishment I feel everyone is deserving of!
I nominate …
Okay, so as some of you know, I did the Liebster Award not too long back and nominated eleven people along with it. I feel as though I would be too much of a bother to nominate them again in such a short time span. So this time round I hope (if it’s okay with Commas and Ampersands) that I do something different.
Firstly, I nominate Rhey of Sunshine, in the hopes to get her out of her blog hiatus. But my next nine nominations go out to anyone who is reading this blog I’m writing, who has a WordPress blog, hasn’t been nominated yet and who would love to answer my questions. My only request to presenting this award to you (you who is reading this) is that you send me a link of you answering my questions in the comment section below. 🙂
My questions are:
- If you had to fashion yourself a new name, what would you pick and why?
- If you could chose another era to live in (past or future), what would it be and why?
- What is one thing you want to be better at?
- What is one meal you could eat for an entire month?
- What is your go-to feel good song?
- Genie pops out of the lamp and gives you three wishes, what would they be? (And no wishing for more wishes.)
- Name a board game or video game you want to learn how to play.
- What award or achievement are you most proud of in your life?
- What is one thing you’d probably never blog about?
- What was the last thing you remember laughing at?
Alright, it’s dinner time for me!
Till next time!