- The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger (January)
- A Wrinkle in Time (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L’Engle (February)
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly (March)
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman (June)
- Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (August)
Finish reading at least 25 books by the end of this year. Finish reading 10 books by the end of this year.
Last year I was so thankful and proud of myself for reaching the goal of reading 25 books in a year
, so this year I am doing it again. This list is a promise to myself that, no matter who I am, where I go and what I am doing, I will always have time to read.
Reassessment: It’s been an exceptionally hectic year and I realise that my goal for 25 books, which was previously attainable, just isn’t realistic this time round. I’m hoping to read 10 books by this year, and maybe next year I can push forward to 15.
“If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
― Stephen King