So if the last blog post I made was after a long break, this one is even longer. The last time I wrote here was probably three months ago – three very very busy yet important and fulfilling months. So, I thought a good first post after the break would be something light and non-committal on my end. Less of what has been happening with me, and more of a documentation of a particularly aspect of my life.
Getting into make-up for me was a very late exploration. Although I was exposed to make-up early on because I’ve had to wear it for school performances (plays, dances, musicals what have you), it was always my mum doing the make-up for me. And usually whatever make-up was lying around the house was usually (extremely) expired.
So the first time I had to try and understand the various ins-and-outs of the cosmetic world was when I was going for job interviews after uni. Actually, uni was a very good time for me to experiment. I stayed in the uni halls so it meant that I could buy a whole bunch of products to test out in my room without parents judging or yelling at me for buying them. At first my experiments would be limited to buying mostly Maybelline products. They were a cheap and reliable source – most of the time. I learnt fast that their lipsticks weren’t that awesome.
But I think after four years of experimenting with different brands I have solidified a pretty satisfying collection. This is what I wear on a normal workday:
- Primer – Benefit’s the POREfessional
- CC cream – 1028 Visual Therapy Moisture Infusion (01 Light Beige and 02 Natural Beige)
- Concealer – Collection’s Lasting Perfection Concealer (Cool Medium)
- Foundation/powder – Loreal’s True Match La Poudre Two Way Foundation (Nude Beige)
- Eyebrows – 1028 Definer Eyebrow Kit (01 Light Brown)
- Mascara – Maybelline’s The Falsies (Waterproof, Very black)
- Blush – Maybelline’s Blush Studio (I Love Pink!)
- Bronzer – Body Shop’s Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (01 Light Matte) optional
- Eyeliner – Clio Waterproof Pen Liner (Kill Black) optional
So usually I will ensure that I get 1-7 down. On lazier days I only go up to 5 or 6. I usually never do 8 and 9, except on special occasions or weekends. I remember there was a time where I was wearing eyeliner almost every day.
Lastly, let me know which products you stick to. I know there are a whole bunch more that I have yet to try out. I watch beauty vloggers a lot and all the products they name just whiz by my head most of the time. I know I’m still not entirely satisfied with my blush and mascara. But I really love the CC cream and eyeliner I use. If you want me to review an individual product on this list, let me know as well.
Till next time,